Sunday, April 7, 2013

Should already be in bed

I should have been in bed long ago, and instead I have been wasting time on FB and blogs (this is not too unusual for me, unfortunately). Right now I kind of wish I was in the position of a child and my mom would come in and make me just go to bed. I've been doing a pretty decent job taking care of myself lately, as far as that goes, but I'd be happy to let someone else have a turn.

A LOT has happened since I last posted. And I really want to write about it all and share most of it on this blog. I need to process this stuff in detail; it has been so long since anything has really happened and now that something has, I don't want to miss any of the lessons there are to learn from it. But I really should be in bed. So for now, I'll just make reference to the big stuff with summary statements (some of which seem disparate, but they really do belong together and all relate somehow to my experiences in the last week) so I can feel enough closure on it all to wrap up mentally for the night.

  • Anger: Not all bad, I am learning
  • Announcements: Some success in stating things that needed to be said in appropriate ways
  • Apologies: Had to make two of these this weekend. It's good to be humbled, right?
  • Boundaries: Figuring some out and starting to survey the lines where my fences will go.
  • Codependence: Starting to see what a big issue this is for me. Not so exciting.
  • Detach: I actually did it more than once . . . so exciting!
  • Stinkiness: An attribute of my living room that no longer is
  • Thanks: I owe them to some anonymous friends

No comments:

Post a Comment