Monday, April 8, 2013

Baby Steppin'

I finally "officially" started working through the steps in the Healing Through Christ manual.

First, I printed it out. (I don't have a smart phone or e-reader, so hard copy is still better for me.) Since it's so long, I decided to print it out as a fast draft (lower print quality). I didn't realize until it finished printing that all the lines of text would print wavy. I almost reprinted it, but decided I'd give it a try.

Next I actually took time after praying, reading my scriptures, and writing in my journal to read Step 1. I'm glad the lines printed wavy because that means I have to read it more slowly than normal. I can't just skim it. I actually underlined a lot of things that resonated with me.

 Then I got to the part where you're supposed to write stuff out. First I just read the questions. I felt emotionally lazy and I really didn't want to write them out. But finally I made myself do it. I only got through about half of them, and I didn't have any huge "Ah-ha" moments, but I did make a few little realizations and it was really beneficial to think hard and make myself be really honest.

I don't have anything else meaningful to say about the experience, but I am really proud of myself for starting this aspect of my healing. I've been avoiding it for months, but now I feel ready.

3 comments:

  1. Great job! One day at a time, right? One step at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to the emotionally lazy part. I was the same way the first time through.

    Line upon line:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Baby steps :) I avoided for a long time too. Then started, stopped, started, stopped. Now I finally have a sponsor and that is helping to motivate me more. Still, I think it will be a long process! But I don't think it is about speed so much as progress! :)

    ReplyDelete